Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Shhhh its a secret....



This is a baby sweater I made for one of the members of the online knitting group I belong to. I had so much fun knitting this sweater and I love the way it turned out even if the baby will not be able to wear it until she is 2 years old. Yes it came out bigger than planned, but hopefully it won’t matter and she will be able to wear it anyways.



The pattern I used is “Lucille” from Kelbourne Wollen Mills (http://www.kelbournewoolens.com/lucille.html) and it is free. The pattern called for fingering weight yarn and I had originally planned to use Stork which is fingering weight cotton, but for whatever reason I do not like knitting with cotton so I changed to Baby Cashmerino by Debbie Bliss. This is the first time I have ever used this yarn and it was wonderful to knit with, I wouldn’t mind making myself something out of this yarn. As a matter of fact, I wouldn’t mind a sweater just like this for myself in a worsted weight or DK weight California friendly yarn. Based on the stitch counts for this pattern it wouldn’t take much adjustment to do just that.

Hope the little peanut likes it. Now all I have to do is get this in a box and in the mail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute and what a great job you did on it! I'm sure it will be treasured.

Bonnie said...

Thank you, now if someone would just boot me in the butt and get me to take it to the post office she might get to wear it before she is grown!