Sunday, August 16, 2009

Boot Scootin Boogie

The Navaho Huivi (aka: Onerva) is fini…




One of these days when it is not 90 freaking degrees outside I will wear this scarf with a pair of jean, my Lucchese boots, and a piece of turquoise… someday. Until then, this still life will have to do. I wasn’t sure how this yarn was going to look and yes just a tad bit nervous, but I am happy with the result and I think this one will be getting a lot of use, especially on the baseball field during Little League. To me this yarn has a look that says blue jeans, so I probably won’t be wearing it to the office. Although with something black it might be o.k.


For those who care, here are the details of this project here are the specifics.


In all her wrinkled glory:




Taking a long soak in the tub:



All dressed up and nowhere to go... for now.



I used Pagewood Farm 100% Merino Super Wash Sock yarn (450 yds) in the color Navaho with US#4 (3.5mm) needles both Addi Lace and Options. The Addi Lace needle wasn’t as slick as the Options so I used it for the most part, but when it came time to insert a lifeline, nothing beats the Options needles with the little hole. When it got to big for the Addi Lace I switched to the Options needle for the last pattern repeat. Blocked measurement was 50” wingspan and approximately 28” down the center.

Now on to my next adventure.... I'm not sure where I'm going next but something tells me it might involve Sundara Silk Lace in beautiful autumn colors, we'll see.



This is Mahogany Over Marmelade.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

You're so speedy! Both turned out great!

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous! I have a Paigewood that is likely very close in color. I am using it to make the Gail shawl.

Becky G said...

LOVE the still life!

Bonnie said...

Tammy, you know I'm not a speedy knitter, this pattern is so easy that it just flys off the needles.

Chris, this color is Navaho. Is that Gail you are knitting the aka Nightsongs? If it is that is what I have in mind for the Sundara silk in the picture.

Becky, thank you.

Anonymous said...

Bonnie that's a great picture, very pretty yarn, I just knoe it's beautiful.
So, maybe one of these days we can see you in those boots doing a "Boot Scootin Boogie", on a dance floor. I would love to see that. What fun!

mammies2boys@ said...

Where the heck are you? How about more pictures & information on things.
Love you,
Bre